Sustainability is a current hot topic within any industry. Companies desire to provide more sustainable products and adopt more sustainable business operations. With this in mind, packaging is an issue that has come to the forefront and must be considered in any company’s sustainability game plan.
But what is considered sustainable packaging? According to the Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC), a group dedicated to advancing the vision of environmental packaging, the following criteria creates a sustainable packaging system.
- Is beneficial, safe & healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle
- Meets market criteria for performance and cost
- Is sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy
- Optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials
- Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices
- Is made from materials healthy throughout the life cycle
- Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy
- Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed loop cycles
The adhesive’s role in sustainable packaging is often forgotten. As an adhesive company committed to innovation as well environmental responsibility, RS Industrial is proactively researching and developing innovative, new products to support the sustainability goals of our customers.
We would love to help you with any sustainability challenges your company may have. Do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-844-1740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.