If you’re reading this ad, chances are that you don’t spend a lot of time thinking about glue. But, if you look around, you’ll find that there is glue all around you, from the label on your drink to the books on your shelf to the box your books came in and even the shelf itself. Other places to look are your bed, your closet, your garage, your pantry, your front porch when you order something online, the candy aisle, the grocery store, the package store, the hardware store, football fields, libraries, hospitals… One could argue that the glue that holds modern life together is, well, glue.
RS Industrial is a leading distributor and manufacturer of industrial adhesives and specialty tapes, and we are currently conducting a search for a driven, dynamic, service oriented Technical Inside Salesperson.
The role of Technical Inside Sales is a unique blend of Technical Adhesive Support and Inside Sales. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to learn about the fundamentals of adhesives and how they apply to myriad diverse industries. The chosen candidate must be a people person—a collaborator who thrives on using their skills and knowledge in a hands-on way to help people achieve their goals. This role includes the opportunity to work in a lab/office AND to travel the country with the sales team to visit customer facilities. Alongside the sales/technical team, the selected candidate will work with customers to identify problems, find solutions, and grow the business.
Compensation is SALARY + COMMISSION.
HIGH GROWTH POTENTIAL. After a period of training and development, Inside Technical Sales could transition to a senior Technical role or to Outside Sales with a territory, depending on aptitude and desire.
- Managing incoming leads from web/phone/referral
- Field technical support – audits, troubleshooting, trial support
- Lab technical support – internal project support work
- Assembling and leading presentation of technical material to customers
- Establishing and maintaining presence and regular communications on LinkedIn
- Developing knowledge of adhesive technologies and capabilities to effectively communicate with potential and existing customers
- Able to explain complex information in an understandable way, both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail-orientation with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment